Our client's purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Over 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud.
Experience Design Center (XDC) is a passionate group of experts leading the digital evolution for the world’s largest Telco companies. Our team of over 90 multidisciplinary professionals works in a dynamic, collaborative environment, and together we are redefining what’s possible across mobile, enterprise, and emerging platforms, for diverse audiences, from various cultures.
We are looking for an experienced usability expert with strong passion for designing exceptional user experiences. You will become part of a community of usability experts that is engaged in projects ranging from innovative rapid prototypes to large scale applications, from standard desktop/web applications to brand new TV experiences, from internal Customer's interfaces to external telco clients web sites.
Working for a large international company, you will become familiar with the Telco business segments and have a chance to impact and create user-centered UI designs for service providers from all over the world.
- Understand and translate strategic company goals, business requirements, and user needs into compelling user experiences;
- Create interfaces that take into consideration content, navigational structure, human-machine interaction, and back-end constrains;
- Prepare wireframes and/or storyboards, review with key stakeholders, adjust based on feedback and obtain final approval;
- Collaborate with customer, product and development teams during design phases and subsequent development support cycles;
- Collaborate with interactive designers to ensure concepts and designs are consistent with the overall branding strategy and marketing initiatives;
- Employ and execute a wide range of usability tools, such as heuristic review, metrics, usability testing, etc. either as part of design projects or as standalone activities;
- Provide guidance/review feedback on how to improve usability for existing software’s.
- 3-5 years of experience designing/consulting user interfaces for various channels (e.g. mobile, web, desktop) covering the entire design life cycle; user needs analysis, functional design, and usability validation;
- Domain Knowledge obtained through academic background and/or certified usability training and/or equivalent sources;
- Academic degree such as: BA/BS in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or related field or equivalent work experience – an advantage;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking) with ability to travel occasionally to customer sites overseas, and interact with teams in multiple international locations;
- Familiarity with prototyping and usability tools (Axure, InVision, UserZoom) is a plus;
- Be able to work either in a team or work independently;
- Be able to support multiple projects at the same time;
- Follow a defined design methodology and best practices;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral (speaking and listening);
- Be able to brainstorm and communicate designs and issues with peers, customers, and development teams;
- Consistently advocate for the user’s interests, yet balancing professional perfectionism with real world project constraints;
- Balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Be open to discover and acquire new user experience trends and practices;
- Be creative & innovative;
- Be service oriented.
Higher Education: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.