Our customer makes cloud communications radically better for service providers. Their Cloud Voice Platform is a web-scale, turnkey, virtualized software solution that enables cable, mobile, telco and other broadband providers to rapidly customize, launch, and profit from VoIP and UC services. With their SaaS solution, voice becomes a robust broadband application and service providers realize massive simplification, new service possibilities and a lower total cost of ownership. This new way to deliver voice untangles service providers from the restraints of old-school voice networks and accelerates innovation and growth.
The team would be focused on building VOIP features on top of custom free switch AWS application. Features would include: call routing, call following, advanced inbox capabilities.
- Directing and managing a medium-sized project;
- Ensuring that quality software is delivered according to specification using the correct procedures in line with technical and business objectives;
- Working closely with the stakeholders on both sides to manage the day-to-day work of the development team;
- Establishing a plan for the execution of the project, including a work-breakdown-structure, task dependencies, schedule, and risk mitigation;
- Tailoring and facilitating right software engineering processes and defining the roles and responsibilities of all of the project team members;
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members, and influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work, providing timely feedback to individuals and resource managers;
- Ensuring that the projects deliver the desired results - within time and budget;
- Tracking project reporting, team velocity, ensuring key performance indicators reaching success level values.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems;
- 1+ year full-time practice as a Project Manager with direct project accountability;
- Experience with software development in Telecom domain and preferably with Java;
- Team/tech lead experience is a plus;
- Experience in the software development outsourcing industry is a must;
- Experience in managing teams of 5-10 people;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence people, leadership by examples, cultural awareness;
- Experience in requirement analysis, effort estimating, project scheduling, risk and change management;
- Well understanding of different software methodologies - SCRUM, Agile, RUP, Waterfall;
- Experience in software engineering practices, quality assurance, improving team velocity;
- Ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously, resolving interdependencies;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced level or writing and verbal English;
- Flexibility, emotional maturity.