Our client is a London-based online food delivery company that operates in two hundred locations across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and other countries. In May 2019, the company announced a $575 million Series G round led by Amazon, bringing the total round to $1.35 billion raised to date.
- Work in our Product Teams, utilizing AGILE best practice;
- Build products and improve existing ones (tech products that is...not meals);
- Take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects;
- Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team;
- Work closely with other developers, designers, QA and others.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building web applications at scale;
- 2+ years experience with Go;
- Working experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis);
- You take pride in writing readable, well-designed software. You prefer simple solutions over complex ones;
- You’re interested in new technologies and tools, but understand the rationale for choosing Boring Technology. You believe in using the right tool for the job;
- You’re comfortable building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team;
- You have a proven ability to get up to speed quickly. You are a team player and will learn whatever new skills or tools needed to get the job done;
- You have the initiative and communication skills to build relationships with colleagues on different teams to solve fundamental business problems.
Nice to have:
- Bonus points for experience with front-end technologies (we use React).
Higher Education: Bachelor’s Degree.