The public transportation team focuses on providing the best experience of using public transport to navigate around and across cities. This is achieved by collecting timetables and real-time data from all possible kinds of public transport authorities, merging it into a huge graph of all possible multi-mode public transport routes, then searching for optimal routes now or at a specific time. Public transport routing is exposed as a iOS/Android/web app for consumers (Here Wego) and a web API for enterprise partners
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Bachelor or Masters In Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical degree;
- Relevant command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent track record of previous work, including dynamic client-server applications;
- Strong competence in Python, some experience in CSS and JavaSript;
- Experience with relational databases (we use PostgresSQL and Sqlite) and documents store solutions (MongoDB and Elastic Search);
- A passion for Linux-based server development, and for choosing the right language and technology for the problem at hand;
- Ability to clearly communicate complex solutions with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS and Docker;
- Experience with data modeling, knowledge of algorithms, data structures and threads;
- Experience with other programming languages and techniques such as XML, JSON, shell scripting, Ruby, PERL, C, C++, GoLang, Webdav;
- Experience with database design;
- A demonstrated interest in location-based services, or software;
- Full-stack web development;
- Knowledge of GIS, kml and geojson would be a plus.
- Take the whole ownership over the project;
- Architectural decision making;
- Dealing with Data Engineers and Product owners;
- Align business needs with Architecture.