The largest Ukrainian telecommunication operator providing communications and data services based on a broad range of mobile and fixed-line technologies, including 4G. Company's customer base amounts to over 26 million in mobile and more than 1 mln in broadband internet.
Kyivstar is a part of VEON, one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications companies, headquartered in Netherlands. The holding company owns telecom assets in the CIS countries, Europe, Asia, and Africa, and its shares are freely traded on the stock exchange (NASDAQ).
Kyivstar has achieved big success thanks to investment into development of its own fiber-optic network which is an important link in the traffic exchange between Europe and Asia, and it is a reliable partner of Ukrainians in the connection with the other countries of the world. The company provides roaming services in 195 countries on 5 continents.
- Database tuning; query optimization, monitoring database performance, planning storage allocation and architecture for best performance;
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance problems;
- Assisting developers with developing optimal queries and optimal data designs;
- Conducting research and maintaining knowledge of database engine developments, and making recommendations on appropriate technology choices and upgrades;
- Reporting query performance issues to the product teams (and suggesting optimizations);
- Troubleshooting and fixing performance issues (tuning configuration options);
- Working with several product teams to make sure their queries are designed for performance;
- Involved in the database design process, advises the developers on how to design new databases and how to optimize the structure of existing databases;
- Setup of data consistency monitoring and scheduling of data pipelines.
- Strong experience in Oracle database administration;
- Knowdledge of Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL, NoSQL/CassandraDB or similar;
- Experience working with query optimizations;
- Experience on database architecture and strong documentation skills;
- Strong experience working as a DBA on Linux based platforms;
- Experience in Python scripting is good to have;
- Experience in Powershell scripting is good to have;
- RDBMS or NoSQL DBs certication is nice to have.
- Experience working in a Scrum team;
- Collaborative and proactive mindset.