Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on external (non-OEM owned) hub for the secure and non-discriminatory distribution of vehicle sensor data. It is compliant with European standards in data privacy and security and uses blockchain smart contracts.
The Middle Java Engineer we are looking for will be tasked with developing one of the mission-critical components within Platform's Core Services which provide the foundation for running complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing, and distribution services and APIs. Data management services include data discovery, ingestion, streaming of vehicle sensor data, extraction, storage and archiving, publishing, schema, and pipeline management. Technological stack of the project includes but not limited: Java 11, Spring Boot 2, JUnit 5, Spring Data, PostrgeSQL, Maven, Docker, and Swagger.
- Work closely with product owners and principal engineers to implement, test and continually improve scalable Java applications and services;
- Take accountability for implementation and quality of software products as well as time and complexity estimation of own technical tasks;
- Develop software products using Agile methods, tools, and continuous delivery process;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and product demos;
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to resolve dependencies and deliver high-quality software on time;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers;
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering with Java and adjacent open source technologies;
- Proficiency in Java 8-11 (Spring);
- Experience configuring or troubleshooting Linux/UNIX-like operating systems;
- Good understanding of basic software design approaches and architectural patterns;
- Ability to understand and develop low-latency, high-performance backend applications;
- Experience working with CI/CD environments, understanding of Docker concepts;
- Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English, ability to articulate and communicate clearly complex topics.
Nice to have:
- Working proficiency with AWS or other public cloud ecosystems for production services.
Higher Education: Bachelor's Degree/Master's Degree.