From the humble beginnings of a garden shed in the late 2000s, Customer (formally Decrescent) now carries in excess of 4,000 lines across 6 categories.
In 11 years of innovation, we've worked to improve efficiency. Now powering over a million marketplace sales annually, we employ 35 staff at our base in St.Peter and have ambitious plans to grow drastically in the next year. We're looking for someone solutions orientated to broaden our development capability
The customer is an e-commerce seller powering over a million marketplace sales per year.
Customer is open for implementation and replacement of old technologies to the newer ones. They can be provided by a candidate and further discussed with the whole tech team.
The customer is looking for Java Developers who will be working on their internal business application (Product Analytics and Business Intelligence Software that sits between marketplaces and order and inventory manager). AI/ML and IT Security Services may be needed in the future as well.
- 2-3+ years of experience in software engineering;
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Familiar with good practice design and architectural patterns;
- A knack for writing clean, readable Java code;
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database use and design (MySQL);
- Understanding of object mapping and transaction management (JavaEE/EJB);
- Competency in web stack HTML/CSS/JS (JSF);
- Familiarity with network/internet technologies TCP, HTTP, RESTful and SOAP;
- Use of source revision control tools (Subversion);
- Unix basics useful (Ubuntu 18.04).
- Analyse requirements presented from the business;
- Design, build and maintain high quality Java code;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems;
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.