HelloFresh is one of the leading meal kit companies. They're providing more than 120 million meals to > 4 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, company works on a wide variety of challenging problems.
Now HelloFresh is focused on creating internal tools for making supply chains more efficient and productive. There are some new incoming projects related to improving processes of comparing orders from the ordering tool (OT), goods received from the FCMS, and invoices from vendors. Some regions have developed stand-alone tools (i.e. Shark in AU), however, those tools do not scale company-wide and do not enable finance teams to work within the tools they are already using (i.e. Oracle).
Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of the development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies;
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams;
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh's core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues;
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more.
- English Upper-Intermediate;
- Back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Kotlin and Golang, plus if also experienced in Java and/or Python;
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes;
- As well as experience in CI/CD methods and practices;
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns;
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka;
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration;
- Experience working with relational and document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB;
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends.
Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms and environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members and stakeholders.