Based in London, our customer is a global leading law research, ranking and directories business, ranking 'elite' (top 5%) law firms and lawyers in over 200 jurisdictions across the world. The company is the 'Michelin star' of the legal world, and law firms invest considerable time trying to be ranked. The customer has 350 staff based in London, of which 250 are researchers, who are experts in given jurisdictions and practices areas. The company is around 30 years old, in 2018 it was purchased by a private equity house with a view to modernizing and growing the business substantially. And that foresees digital transformation of all the corporate processes and flows, which will be our main goal for both in short and in long term perspective.
Customer's strategy is to transform from being a print-based publishing business, with advertising as prime revenue, to an online subscription business with data insight, ranking directories and differentiated content at its core. This means moving from a largely anonymous audience to one that is known, and thus building strategic customer platforms and products of the future.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will become a part of the team, responsible for technical implementation of new projects and features, extention and modernizing current solutions, providing technical documentation. The successful candidate should have a developed set of analytical, communication skills and consulting capability, an ability to present and communicate technical solutions both to the client and team members. He or she should be able to identify technical risks, propose solutions and effectively communicate them to all stakeholders.
- 3+ years of commercial experience;
- Strong knowledge of ASP.NET Core;
- Knowledge of OOP/OOA;
- Ability to write high quality code following TDD practices;
- Knowledge of No-SQL databases, desirably CosmosDB;
- Good knowledge and proven experience working with messaging systems and desirably with Azure Service Bus;
- Good understanding of XP practices and SDLC;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Angular2+ and Typescript.
- Work closely with customers and remote teams to design, implement, test and continuously improve scalable and extendable platform;
- Participate in design review, code reviews and product demos;
- Take responsibility for full life cycle of product features (from design, sizing, implementation, testing, delivery to monitoring and deprecation when needed);
- Propose process improvements and drive changes;
- Propagate quality culture among colleagues.
Technology Stack and Methodology includes:
- .Net Core, C#;
- Azure Functions, Web Apps;
- Azure Services.