Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.
If you are looking for a job, we don’t have those. But, if you are looking for a career, a place where you can be a part of something where you get to build products, processes and relationships, a place where our main expectation for you is to leave your mark, we may have a place for you here.
- Computer Science degree (BS or MS);
- 5+ years proven experience and at least 1 year in a similar position;
- You have strong proven experience in ReactNative;
- Fluent with ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS;
- You have ideally a background as a Java developer or have a strong experience in Back end development with another language of the JVM (Scala, Kotlin);
- You are willing to go into android territory when react native is not enough;
- Good enough in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Write high-quality code;
- Review code, pull requests and give constructive feedbacks;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to define the Product Backlog Items and User stories with their acceptance criteria;
- Collaborate with the other developers to improve code reuse and agree on good practices;
- Setup of all needed environments in coordination with the infrastructure team;
- Promoting and coaching about software engineering and agile mindset;
- Help organize digital events (Data hacks, Software Hackathons, etc.);
- Interview potential hires;
- Risks assessment and mitigation;
- Have fun! Learn new skills, experiment and share with the team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- You can explain complex topics with simple words and adapt to any type of audience;
- Proven experience in defining, planning and delivering digital prototypes and MVPs;
- Able to work and refactor code developed by others;
- You have a deep understanding of agile methodologies, you know what XP means and can talk about the lean principles;
- Solid understanding of OOP, FP and Design patterns;
- You know the Big O notation and can refactor for optimisation;
- Good Exposure in Database Design, Performance Tuning, Replication, Multi-Tenants database architectures, normalization and denormalization, NoSQL databases;
- You are a strong advocate of test driven-development;
- Knowledge of DevOps culture, build and deployment automation is a plus;
- Virtualization and container technologies is your usual playground.
Will be a plus (any of these):
- Fluent with DevOps practices and AWS ecosystem;
- Experience with event sourcing (CQRS);
- Working knowledge Android;
- Working knowledge of GraphQL;
- Experience with Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality projects;
- Other Business Intelligence skills – big data, analytics, visualization with a modern toolset;
- Lean start-up / Design thinking experience.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Passionate & high-energy;
- Intellectual honesty;
- Not afraid to fail;
- Comfortable without big team/resource support;
- Can’t be easily “blocked”;
- Values good design.