This is your great opportunity to join a fast-growing and highly motivated team that develops a Big Data Analytics platform for geolocation data processing. The goal of this project is to create a pipeline for automated E2E data compilation, verification, and testing. The project has minimum or none legacy processes and technologies.
We are looking for a technogeek ready to tackle even the toughest technological challenges with Scala and Spark.
As a Senior Scala Engineer, you will:
- Boost the effectiveness of our team by helping us optimize existing algorithms;
- Develop products using Agile methods and tools;
- Develop commercial-grade software that is user-friendly and suitable for the global B2B audience;
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers;
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers;
- Participate in architecture and design efforts;
- Collaborate with other engineers to deliver high-quality software on time.
A perfect candidate would:
- Have an expert-level hands-on experience in designing and developing Big Data processing systems in the realm of Scala and Spark;
- Be able to elaborate the product’s architecture;
- Have a strong mathematical background;
- Be passionate about creating high-quality code and constantly improving their coding skills;
- Well understand and actively use best coding practices, patterns, and approaches;
- Have a highly developed set of analytical and communication skills;
- Have an ability to deal with the technical challenges;
- Be able to find and propose problem solutions and communicate them to the team and the stakeholders.
Would be a PLUS:
- Experience with Docker/Docker Compose and various cloud providers (AWS);
- Practical experience in writing integration and unit tests;
- DevOps skills: Linux shell scripting, Jenkins pipelines creation;
- Experience with JTS or another GIS framework;
- Working with Google ProtoBuf.