Based in Munich, Germany, our customer is a leading innovator for digital financial services and helps to create better banking for a digital world. The company has designed an innovative digital platform, that uses open APIs and quickly became a breakthrough for next-generation banking. They provide existing financial, retail, and telecom institutions – as well as startup banks – the chance to bring digital technology to the heart of their businesses. Following rapid expansion of customer base they are looking for a way to expand their engineering with a nearshore team in Ukraine.
As a RoR developer, you will be involved in creation and extension of internal and consumer facing applications for number of retail banks around the globe, including Core Banking, Payments, Loyalty Programs, Data Analytic and more. These applications will be built on top of a bespoke platform and team will eventually have full responsibility over them (including Architecture and Product Ownership).
The developer will be responsible for taking over current solutions overall design and technical implementation, planning reengineering/refactoring, developing architecture and providing technical documentation. The successful candidate should have a highly developed set of analytical, communication skills and consulting capability, an ability to present and communicate complex technical solutions both to the client and team members. He or she should be able to identify technical risks, propose solutions and effectively communicate them to all stakeholders.
- Excellent Ruby on Rails knowledge;
- Strong analytical and core programming skills, knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms;
- Deep understanding of common architectural concepts, patterns and approaches;
- Strong communication skills, ability to express complex things in an easy to pick up manner;
- University degree in computer science or similar;
- Passion for agile development methodologies (Scrum, Scrumban, Extreme Programming) and engineering practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development);
- Ability to collaborate across teams and departments, have good sense on when to escalate and seek additional help;
- Desire to work in a fast pace, fast growing and highly innovative and international environment;
- Obsession with quality;
- Deep experience with version control system like Git;
- Upper intermediate level of English (written and spoken).
Technology Stack and Methodology includes:
- Ruby on Rails 4.x/edge;
- Test driven development with RSpec and Cucumber;
- Ruby 2.3/edge;
- Relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL);
Nice to have:
- Experience of leading teams;
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, RabbitMQ);
- Collaborator to open source project (writing Gems, etc.);
- Knowledge of banking processes.