Electronic Horizon is an advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) that provides accurate street map data for predictive driver assistance features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, Adaptive lighting, Night vision and object recognition, etc. It constructs and broadcasts a simplified dynamic model of the streets ahead of the vehicle. It is the key component that links map and real-time navigation data with the low level devices on the hardware bus and thus enables truly intelligent and accurate assistance for safer driving experience.
As an engineer in the Sensor Data Collector team, you will be part of the team that works towards HERE’s vision of enabling the next generation of automotive connected services, self-healing maps and autonomous vehicles. This demands a successful candidate to have both a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mindset with a sound theoretical basis. You will work in an agile team with other engineers in close collaboration with the Sensor Data Backend team.
As senior QA engineer, you will be responsible for
- Continuous delivery: You will provide reliable software releases through all phases of the development cycle;
- Continuous integration infrastructure: You will design, implement and maintain the continuous integration and test automation infrastructure and constantly optimize it;
- Test automation: You will write, maintain and execute automated tests, define gates and always keep track of the status;
- Quality: As our Quality Evangelist, you will teach the team on best practices and assure that we are just shipping products of an excellent quality;
- Documentation and reporting: In role of Error manager you will create/update various technical documentation as Test Strategy, test Plan, Test Coverage etc. Working on creation reporting to the Program Board on request.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar;
- 5+ years commercial software development experience, 3+ years of Python testing automation experience;
- Practical experience with cross-platform (Linux, Windows, QNX) development and testing desktop or embedded software;
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration and test automation frameworks and tools (i.e. Jenkins, GTest, GMock);
- Experience in issue tracking tools (i.e. Jira);
- A quality mind-set and profound knowledge of QA best practices;
- Practical experience with complex data structures like graphs, trees and related algorithms;
- Basic knowledge of C++ enough for reading the code, building the project, etc.;
- Excellent collaborative skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
Knowledge in following areas would be a plus:
- Working knowledge of embedded software;
- Experience in working with Gerrit;
- Knowledge of location based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS;
- ADAS and Electronic Horizon systems;
- Analytical approach and problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development;
- Experience in working in the automotive industry;
- Hands-on experience in vehicle and ADAS signal processing;
- First experience in sensor data analytics as well as aggregation and manipulation of complex input data.