An intelligent fiber-optic (FO) smart monitoring system for bridges to enable predictive maintenance using the industrial internet of things (IIoT).
- Backend: Microservices with Node.js, Dynamo.DB, Casandra;
- Create asset monitoring and analytics software architectures, designs, and develop edge and cloud applications;
- Understanding of full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance;
- Design robust, maintainable high-performance analytics algorithms with automated tests;
- Write clear, modular code that runs on multiple platforms;
- Work collaboratively with the team to integrate analytics data flow and structural models into robust software solutions.
- Strong understanding of cloud platform (AWS) and architectures (serverless lambda);
- Ability to optimize performance for robust, deployable feature extraction code in lean edge IoT devices;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, i.e. Terraform;
- Experience with NoSQL databases, time series databases;
- A minimum of 3+ years of hands-on professional work experience;
- Object-oriented programming proficiency, especially Python;
- Solid development practices, attention to detail, design and quality;
- The ability to write modern, testable and maintainable code;
- A desire to learn new technologies and concepts;
- Communication, writing and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing is a plus.