Our client is the UK startup that united a team of clinicians and technologists lead by a profound vision - to connect healthcare for everyone, first for professionals, then for patients.
The mission of product built is to bring together the largest network of healthcare professionals in the world, to improve the way they communicate with each other along with the way they communicate with their patients. The team is working on two healthcare products - one of them is a secure, intelligent mobile platform that empowers health professionals to share healthcare information seamlessly across the UK's National Health Service and beyond; and second one is a mobile application that connects parents with qualified paediatricians for child healthcare concerns.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to work as a core part of the engineering team. The code you write will ship directly into the hands of over 60k clinicians, improving the quality of patient care that can be delivered around the world.
Working alongside a team that is passionate about delivering a great product experience you will be responsible for the design and development of new features in our HTTP APIs (Node.js) and contributing to our efforts to analyze and improve communication within the healthcare setting. You will play an active role in identifying and reducing technical debt as well as helping to improve development practices throughout the engineering organization.
- Considerable experience building and maintaining production systems (+5 years);
- Deep working knowledge of TypeScript and NodeJS;
- Fluency in the design of APIs, and the various trade-offs and decisions that go into producing a public API;
- Experience in security and privacy.
Nice to have:
- Exposure and comfort with real-time messaging, particularly XMPP;
- Experience in public sector environments, ideally health tech;
- Experience in highly regulated sectors;
- Experience in remote work environments;
- Working knowledge of Python 3;
- Experience working with mission-critical systems;
- Comfortable with SQL;
- Experience with other programming languages.
Project tech stack:
- Node.js, TypeScript. React, ExpressJS, Python, Swift, Kotlin;
- Docker, GitLab, Terraform, New Relic, Sentry.