Our customer’s private cloud infrastructure for financial and analytical services are used by many big companies.
We are experts in “Infrastructure as a Code” approaches and top specialists located in Germany and Ukraine.
We are looking for a DevOps Senior Engineer who is an outstanding example of software craftsmanship, a person with extremely high business and technical acumen combined with extensive professional agile environment experience. You will help us in developing automation tools & continuous integration systems within our development and production organization.
The following project activities will be part of your continuous delivery role as DevOps Engineer:
- Develop tools via Scrum user stories that allow one-click setup and management of Jenkins environments in the cloud. Infrastructure as code (IaC) expertise with OpenStack, Ansible, Terraform, Packer and Groovy script experience is preferable;
- Improve the configuration of Jenkins environments via Scrum user stories on OpenShift (and Azure & AWS) for higher performance of pipelines. Create new kinds of Jenkins Pipelines, which serve the customer application demands;
- Maintenance (version upgrades, testing, operations infrastructure management) and Administration (ITSM ticket resolution, monitoring) of Jenkins Toolchain (e.g. Sonar, Nexus, Bitbucket, Git) and Agile Toolchain (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Crowd) in the context of OpenShift, Azure, and AWS. Good Linux command line experience is mandatory and shell scripting, cron job skills are an advantage;
- Continuous Monitoring, Alert Events and root-cause-analysis on problems with Grafana, Dynatrace, Kibana & Elastic Search are key activities. Document your findings and solutions in KM tool and extend self-service documentation independently (e.g. Confluence);
- Document developed code on a technical level and application user level in the knowledge management tool. Self-organized agile updates of user story progress and ticket resolution progress in project management tool (e.g. Jira).
Who you are:
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields;
- Self- motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented and strong team player, ability to handle numerous concerns in parallel;
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- A hands-on technical person with experience in IT infrastructure;
- Experience in Scrum projects as a development team member;
- Taking ownership and proactively pushing tasks to completion;
- Proven expertise in continuous integration tools i.e. Jenkins(must have) CI (Enterprise/OpenSource): Pipeline, Seed Jobs, Plugins, Upgrades, Performance Tuning, Monitoring,….., etc.;
- Proven expertise with Container Orchestration – OpenShift(must have), Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible;
- Good expertise in Cloud platforms – OpenStack(must have), Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services;
- Good knowledge of infrastructure management platforms, calculation of proper sizing of infrastructure, planning skills in setting up, ramping down, migration of environments. HashiCorp Suite, e.g. Terraform, Vault, Packer;
- Linux Command Line, Shell Scripts, Cron;
- Proven proficiency in Groovy Script, Java;
- Proven expertise in using an administration version control management tools (e.g. GIT, GIT Gerrit, SVN, Artifactory);
- Database related knowledge expected PostgreSQL, Payara, Cassandra, Mongo DB;
- Tool-Chain: SonarQube, Nexus, Bitbucket, Git, Jira, Confluence, Crowd;
- Firewall/Network Technologies, e.g. Jump-Server, SSH Tunnel, etc.;
- Dynatrace, Grafana, Kibana and Elastic Search.