We are the HD map development team. We are a team of highly engaged individuals with a strong culture of collaboration, optimism, and transparency. We are in a fast-paced industry, and we believe in leadership at every level with strong individuals working autonomously across teams.
Our team is solving the challenging problem of realizing autonomous driving in complex urban area with a set of highly precise and rich features. One major goal of the HD map is to offload as much costly in-car computation as possible to a dynamic map with rich features that support localization and planning.
- Design algorithms to analyze and automate process components;
- Write backend logic to automate process large set of data;
- Write C++ client code for our suite of 3D internal application;
- Research cutting edge technology to solve complex problems in map creation.
The work to create these features is highly impactful given the company’s large network in auto industry and continental coverage of map data. You ideally have strong C++ and 3D math (linear algebra) background along with great problem-solving skills, ability to do research on cutting edge technology, and the following:
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other STEM-based undergraduate degree;
- Candidates should have at least 6+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 3 years of C++ development;
- Computer vision knowledge (Object detection, semantic segmentation, geometric model fitting);
- Discrete and continuous optimization;
- Strong math skills, particularly linear algebra and geometry.
Nice to have:
- Machine learning and statistical modeling (Deep learning, probabilistic graphical models).