Our customer makes cloud communications radically better for service providers. Their Cloud Voice Platform is a web-scale, turnkey, virtualized software solution that enables cable, mobile, telco and other broadband providers to rapidly customize, launch, and profit from VoIP and UC services. With their SaaS solution, voice becomes a robust broadband application and service providers realize massive simplification, new service possibilities and a lower total cost of ownership. This new way to deliver voice untangles service providers from the restraints of old-school voice networks and accelerates innovation and growth.
The team would be focused on building VOIP features on top of custom free switch AWS application. Features would include: call routing, call following, advanced inbox capabilities.
The Senior Software Engineer has a mastery of most aspects of software engineering, understands the Architectural road map, how products fit into it, and moves features and maintenance tasks through the SDLC.
Description of responsibilities:
- Technical Leadership and mentoring for Developers, Junior Developers, and all levels of QA on the team;
- Works with other Senior Developers to lead the definition of and manages the technical direction for software projects in domains owned by the team;
- Helps identify epic level software platform maintenance tasks and defines the description, acceptance criteria, estimated effort (T-Shirt Size), and the stories needed to complete the epic;
- Defines Non-Functional requirement stories for business feature epics including the description, acceptance criteria, story points;
- Maintains quality gates for team software like code test coverage, code reviews, best practices, and makes sure these are enforced for any work done by any member of the team;
- Participates in on call rotation;
- Helps investigate new and better software technologies and methodologies for the team to use;
- Tests software in local and developer environments against story description and acceptance criteria;
- Work with SDET and DevOps to help build out continuous integration and continuous delivery build pipelines;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products;
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals;
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.