- Helps identify epic level software platform maintenance tasks and defines the description, acceptance criteria, estimated effort (T-Shirt Size), and the stories needed to complete the epic;
- Active development of new functionality;
- Defines Non-Functional requirement stories for business feature epics including the description, acceptance criteria, story points;
- Maintains quality gates for team software like code test coverage, code reviews, best practices, and makes sure these are enforced for any work done by any member of the team;
- Participates in on call rotation;
- Helps investigate new and better software technologies and methodologies for the team to use;
- Tests software in local and developer environments against story description and acceptance criteria;
- Work with SDET and DevOps to help build out continuous integration and continuous delivery build pipelines;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products;
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals;
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Java Standard Edition 8+ (11 preferred);
- REST web services;
- Batch processing services;
- Event/messaging services;
- Apache Maven;
- SQL and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MySQL, Postgres, AWS RDS);
- Data structures\modeling;
- Git and Github.
- Experience in application architecture and design;
- IaaS and PaaS – primarily Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Experience building database-driven web services with REST-based APIs;
- Building and migrating to Microservices and frameworks like Dropwizard.io;
- ORM libraries (JDBI, JPA, etc.);
- Experience in or knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and continuous integration/continuous delivery systems;
- Continuous Integration\Continuous Deployment;
- Collection, monitoring, and alerting of software metrics;
- Linux/Unix and shell scripting.
Nice to have:
- Telecom domain experience;
- VOIP, Freeswitch, SIP, RTP, Wireshark, Sngrep, OCOM, VoipMon;
- Guava, Guice, Junit 4 & 5, Mockito.
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields.