Our customer makes cloud communications radically better for service providers. Their Cloud Voice Platform is a web-scale, turnkey, virtualized software solution that enables cable, mobile, telco and other broadband providers to rapidly customize, launch, and profit from VoIP and UC services. With their SaaS solution, voice becomes a robust broadband application and service providers realize massive simplification, new service possibilities and a lower total cost of ownership. This new way to deliver voice untangles service providers from the restraints of old-school voice networks and accelerates innovation and growth.
The team would be focused on building VOIP features on top of custom free switch AWS application. Features would include: call routing, call following, advanced inbox capabilities.
The Senior Software Engineer has a mastery of most aspects of software engineering, understands the Architectural road map, how products fit into it, and moves features and maintenance tasks through the SDLC.
Description of responsibilities:
- Helps identify epic level software platform maintenance tasks and defines the description, acceptance criteria, estimated effort (T-Shirt Size), and the stories needed to complete the epic;
- Defines Non-Functional requirement stories for business feature epics including the description, acceptance criteria, story points;
- Maintains quality gates for team software like code test coverage, code reviews, best practices, and makes sure these are enforced for any work done by any member of the team;
- Participates in on call rotation;
- Helps investigate new and better software technologies and methodologies for the team to use;
- Tests software in local and developer environments against story description and acceptance criteria;
- Work with SDET and DevOps to help build out continuous integration and continuous delivery build pipelines;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products;
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals;
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields;
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer;
- Telecom domain experience.
- Java Standard Edition;
- REST and SOAP based web services (JAX-RS, JAX-WS);
- Batch processing services;
- Event/messaging services;
- Apache Maven;
- IaaS and PaaS – primarily Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- SQL and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MySQL, MSSQL, AWS RDS);
- Git and Github.
- Building and migrating to Microservices and frameworks like Dropwizard.io, Spring Boot;
- ORM libraries (JDBI, JPA, etc.);
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment;
- Collection, monitoring, and alerting of software metrics;
- Linux/Unix and shell scripting.