To provide smooth navigation experience every system should be supplied with the live traffic information which is updated continuously. Client, which could be either mobile application or car navigation system, at every moment of time needs actual status on road traffic, average speed on current and the next road segments, incidents information and so on.
Traffic team works on solutions that provide and consume this kind of data in different formats for automotive customers and end clients. Also, the team is in charge of proper collection of the Local Hazard Warnings and it’s rendering on the map.
Working at the Traffic team we understand that our work provides a facade for the multiple applications and systems that rely not only on correct map data but also on fresh and accurate traffic information.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or an equivalent qualification;
- 4+ years of practical experience in software development in a demanding environment;
- Excellent analytical, algorithmic and optimization skills;
- Architecture and design patterns;
- Proven experience in server side software development using Java, RESTFul services & APIs, Spring framework;
- Experience with source code management, CI & build tools (SVN, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)
- Proficiency in advanced use of IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ or similar);
- Knowledge of XML, JSON & related technologies (DOM, StAX, SAX, XPath etc.);
- Experience with working on Linux environments;
- Experience with virtualization or cloud technologies (AWS or similar, DynamoDB and Redis are used);
- Strong focus on software performance aspects and willingness to challenge existing architectures
- Readiness for technical challenges and excellent analytical skills;
- Being self-motivated, well-organized, quality-oriented and a strong team player;
- At least upper-intermediate level in English (both written and spoken);
- Basic knowledge of Scala.
Will be considered as plus:
- Proficiency in java application performance tuning and GC optimization;
- Knowledge of a scripting technology (Python, Perl, Ruby);
- Knowledge of log analysis tools (Splunk or similar);
- Familiarity with location-based applications and paradigms;
- Knowledge of Binary data representation (Protobuf, Kryo);
- Knowledge of memory caches as Redis.