Our customer makes cloud communications radically better for service providers. Their Cloud Voice Platform is a web-scale, turnkey, virtualized software solution that enables cable, mobile, telco and other broadband providers to rapidly customize, launch, and profit from VoIP and UC services. With their SaaS solution, voice becomes a robust broadband application and service providers realize massive simplification, new service possibilities and a lower total cost of ownership. This new way to deliver voice untangles service providers from the restraints of old-school voice networks and accelerates innovation and growth.
The team would be focused on building VOIP features on top of custom free switch AWS application. Features would include: call routing, call following, advanced inbox capabilities.
A Senior Quality Assurance is responsible for the quality of the software across the customer's CVP that is released to production.
- Be directly responsible for and own quality for the customer's CVP and use that ownership as the authority to say what goes to production;
- Work with the technical product manager to help define requirements;
- Ensure that all business feature stories have proper acceptance criteria;
- Write and maintain automated tests using OSS and in-house, testing frameworks;
- Work closely with development to assure that stories are feature complete and have high quality by writing automated tests and/or performing manual testing;
- Identify and triage bugs and work with Development to prioritize and fix them;
- Work with Support and Client Services to identify and triage bugs in the Holding Tank;
- Work with DevOps and Ops to help ensure environments are setup and working correctly;
- Work with SDET to help build out our continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines;
- Works with SDET to communicate needs and define requirements of needed tooling and frameworks;
- Works with QA Chapter to develop and implement software testing best practices;
- Participates in on call rotation.
- A technical degree from a reputable University (CS preferably or STEM) or equivalent years of experience ;
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer;
- Mastery of software testing including all types of testing (e.g. regression, exploratory, ad hoc, functional, etc.), phases of the test cycle within the SDLC;
- Mastery of writing acceptance criteria for business feature stories;
- Mastery of customer's CVP features and functionality;
- Experience with writing automation testing, including UI automation;
- Familiarity with writing testing frameworks;
- Familiarity of object-oriented programming, design, and analysis in Java;
- Experience operating in linux/unix environments with basic knowledge of networking;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with Bash scripting;
- Experience with CI/CD.