We are searching for a Software Engineer to join the international team in Berlin and help us Map the World in 3D
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping, and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices – from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. Built on 30 years of experience in cartography and drawing on more than 80,000 sources of data, HERE offers "Maps for Life" for more than 190 countries, voice-guided navigation in 95 countries in more than 50 languages, and live traffic information for 34 countries. To learn more about HERE, including the work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com or https://company.here.com/here/
About the job as Software Engineer in our team:
As part of the Visualization Enablers R&D group, you will be working within a team of developers, DevOps and architects. This is a dynamic role within a high-achieving team creating the software needed to generate maps for both devices and web.
The main task of this role is to write high-quality source code in a maintainable way. You will develop new features and improve existing ones using the best of your knowledge. You will care about performance and memory consumption.
You will have to solve problems across different products and services and this will expose you to a broad set of technical challenges as well as many different ways of solving them. This exposure will help you grow and you will gain a deep understanding of our products.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve our software;
- Track test results and defects in relevant tools/databases and pro-actively take on new challenges by learning new tools and environments;
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience;
- 4+ years of Backend development. For example, JVM experience, in particular Scala or Kotlin. Go or Rust is also an option;
- Understands how important it is to write clean, usable, testable code;
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST principles and TCP/IP networking;
- Experience with running highly available services serving millions of requests;
- Experience writing software for backend services, async and multithreading;
- Knowledge of Linux;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Willing to work in a team-based culture;
In particular, the technologies we are looking after are:
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- Amazon Web Services;
Higher Education: BSc or MSc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.