We are looking for a well-versed Senior Software Engineer who wants to join us on our exciting journey building the future of how smart local services are offered and consumed in a digital world based on our next generation AI-powered platform.
You take ownership of and are passionate about our platform apps and software architecture. You work closely with product management and design to build an amazing experience for our users. Expect to move fast, ship things frequently, and have a big say in product discussions; at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build.
- You understand the requirements quickly and meet the business goals in the implementation;
- You create and improve APIs, help with scaling and contribute to the management of the APIs;
- You will help to make architectural and design decisions and to implement them;
- With code reviews, automated tests and error analyzes, you create high-quality software;
- You will help to keep our standards in software engineering high and to improve them further, especially with high-quality code, test coverage, comments, cooperation with others and the avoidance of shortcuts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field; Master's preferred;
- Self-motivated, experienced Full-stack developer who enjoys owning projects from inception to completion and works extremely well with others in a distributed environment;
- You have significant experience in writing code using React and node.js;
- You have experience in Data streaming and storage technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB and Kafka;
- You have a good understanding of Microservice-, API- and event-based- architectures, Domain Driven Design, Distributed systems, transactions and consistency models and SDLC in general;
- Proficiency in TDD and test automation, Agile practices (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) and DevOps;
- A strong preference for order with the ability to work through occasional chaos to get there;
- You are used to tools like Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible;
- Having a growth mindset, a sense of urgency, and be comfortable with challenging the status quo while charging ahead when the challenge is not successful;
- You're passionate about latest web, IoT and AI technologies, architecting high-quality, componentization, reliability, high-performance and building for scale;
- Superb communication skills are required.
Nice to have:
- You have deep knowledge in at least one of the following languages and frameworks: Java/SpringBoot, Scala, Python;
- Knowledge of GCP, Kubernetes, Docker is desirable;
- Knowledge about API Management and Service Mesh (Mulesoft, WSO2, Apigee, Istio etc.);
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop and/or Apache NiFi is a plus.
- Node.js, React, GCP;
- TDD, API, DDD;
- Posgres, MongoDB, Kafka.