Geocoder project enables a set of services that instantly convert a description of a location, such as postal address or name around the globe, into the corresponding geographical coordinates or vice versa (reverse-geocoder) providing an accurate location information for a number of leading Internet mapping applications. Geocoding is the starting point for many Location Based Service use cases (including navigation).
The service has to deal with a huge database of addresses and points-of-interest, substantial load of requests and the need to perform lookup within a tight SLAs.
We are looking for a specialist to work in an international team inventing next-generation location services for users world-wide with evolving and challenging technologies.
Under limited supervision, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining
- Automated development, testing and compilations tools;
- Development and to minor extent production environments;
- Tooling to support the OneSearch team;
- conformance of implementation with stake holders.
- 4+ years commercial experience as Release Engineer / DevOps;
- AWS Tools and Services, incl. automation;
- Experience with Continuous Integration services (Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Configuration management experience;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Good/very good knowledge in Unix, including scripting (Shell, Python);
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Understanding of Java code, ability to debug for issue investigation,
- Diligence, detail-oriented,
- Maven experience would be a plus.