Our customer is one of the key players in the world of maps and navigation platform.
We as a part of customer’s program develop data driven location service at global scale, which operates on billions of transactions, map tiles, search and geocode requests.
The goal of the project is to provide comfortable guidance services for the car driver during the trip. For this purpose software collects and analyzes information from other sub-systems like: Map data, Routing, Traffic load, etc.
Using these data system provides the following major features and services:
- Precise matching of the current car position on the road;
- Voice guidance and detail dynamic navigation on the route;
- Predictive Street Data which aim to predict possible paths the vehicle may travel along.
The project is cross-platform one with car’s head-unit as a target platform.
Various programming languages and technologies, such as C++, Oracle, Java, Python, Hadoop, cloud computing are used.
- Linux, Docker containers;
- Python, Bash;
- CI (Jenkins), Gerrit/Git;
- Define and follow release process including related best practices;
- Define and create build and release pipelines;
- Creation, improvement and maintenance of CI jobs;
- Maintain build and development infrastructures and environments.
- 5+ years of overall professional experience in Software Engineering;
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps;
- Very good understanding of DevOps and System engineering processes;
- Linux master - extensive knowledge of *nix systems;
- Good understanding of networking;
- Good knowledge of Python and Bash scripting;
- Experience of working with Docker;
- Experience of working with CI (Continuous Integration), Jenkins is an advantage;
- Experience of working with Git, Gerrit is an advantage;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and engineering practices.