Based in London, our customer is a global leading law research, ranking and directories business, ranking 'elite' (top 5%) law firms and lawyers in over 200 jurisdictions across the world. The company is the 'Michelin star' of the legal world, and law firms invest considerable time trying to be ranked. The customer has 350 staff based in London, of which 250 are researchers, who are experts in given jurisdictions and practices areas. The company is around 30 years old, in 2018 it was purchased by a private equity house with a view to modernizing and growing the business substantially. And that foresees digital transformation of all the corporate processes and flows, which will be our main goal for both in short and in long term perspective.
Customer's strategy is to transform from being a print-based publishing business, with advertising as prime revenue, to an online subscription business with data insight, ranking directories and differentiated content at its core. This means moving from a largely anonymous audience to one that is known, and thus building strategic customer platforms and products of the future.
As a a DevOps Engineer your goal will be:
- To establish DevOps best practices and help the teams building scalable and efficient services in a cloud environment;
- To provide wider support across infrastructure and application initiatives;
- To proactively improve the infrastructure by establishing configuration management, cost optimization and automating the provisioning of the infrastructure through continues integration;
- To assist the Development teams in DevOps best practices and achieve a continuously deployable system.
- Experience designing, building and implementing continuous integration pipelines using Azure DevOps, Teamcity or similar;
- Solid experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud environment;
- Experience with architectural design, cloud-based deployment, configuration, administration and troubleshooting;
- Experience with industry-standard tools for infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, visualization, and alerting;
- Experience with Docker;
- Proficient automation skills using a combination of scripting and third-party tools;
- Experience with build technologies, such as npm, Nuget and infrastructure as a code using Terraform;
- Experience working in cross-functional engineering teams;
- Excellent knowledge of server and network infrastructure;
- Knowledge of information security practices;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting;
- Highly driven, positive attitude, team player, self-motivated and very flexible;
- Prioritization skills to handle fast passed dynamic environment;
- Experience working with Agile teams and SCRUM process in a faced paced environment;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Exposure with Kubernetes or Azure Service Fabric.
- Improve cost efficiency of the cloud infrastructure by introducing cloud best practices and right scaling the environments;
- Improve and own the automation of the infrastructure through CI/CD pipeline;
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting;
- Ensure all the services are tagged and naming convention is consistent across the cloud infrastructure;
- Assist the development teams by building scalable and highly available systems;
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans and debug problems on live and development systems;
- Ensure problem mgmt. processes are followed as applicable, supporting this by providing information to identify, prevent or resolve ongoing or potential issues;
- Maintain a level of technical competence, keeping abreast of new technologies and developing skills to remain effective in the role;
- Contribute/lead continuous improvement of end user computing;
- Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments.
Technology Stack and Methodology includes:
- Microsoft Azure cloud;
- Azure DevOps, Teamcity;
- Docker, Kubernetes or Azure Service Fabric.