Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
Why we rock?
- Data-centric development. We build mission-critical reusable components that run complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing and distribution services and APIs;
- Visualized location intelligence. The maps rendering service we are working on is one of the key Platform's client-facing features which helps businesses to make sense of location data by empowering 2D and 3D rendering capabilities of modern web browsers;
- The way of working. Fresh setup, minimum to none legacy processes and technologies, a good chance to start over with a clean slate;
- Best practices. Platform possesses strong background in continuous delivery approaches, automated testing, and employs the best DevOps practices to ensure the Platforms reliability at scale;
- Self-fulfillment. Stand at the roots of the Platform that will redefine how society thinks about location data and boost your professional value by mastering edge data management techniques.
As a team member you will:
- Manage Cloud infrastructure services and accounts;
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead;
- Deploy and support large and complex systems;
- Work with development teams to enable robust CI/CD pipelines and develop software integration and deployment pipelines;
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, build best practices for DevOps, pro-active communication;
- Develop release approach using automated, containerized deployment techniques;
- Create service monitoring scripts, alerts and dashboards for operational support.
- 8+ years application DevOps and software development experience;
- A hands-on technical person with experience in IT infrastructure;
- Proven expertise in GitLab advanced usage & administrative skills, Artifactory & maven;
- 2 + years in AWS cloud computing (advanced level), AWS cross-access accounts, CentOS, Ubuntu, and other Linux distributions;
- Proven expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) &/or Software as a service (SaaS) combined with 2+ years proven proficiency in the scripting technologies (e.g. Python, Bash shell);
- Strong understanding of Webservices, REST, HTTP, and JSON;
- 2+ Container Orchestration: Kubernetes/Helm, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm;
- Infrastructure Management, calculation of proper sizing of infrastructure, planning skills in setting up, ramping down, migration of environments;
- 2+ year - experience on relational and non-relational databases Cassandra/Postgres/Oracle DBA/ SQL, PL/SQL;
- 2+ year experience with caching key-value store eg-Redis/any Message Queue;
- Experience configuring and using monitoring tools for cloud infrastructure, & containers (CloudWatch, Elastic Search, Kibana, and monitoring tools like Logstash, Grafana, and Prometheus).