EveryMatrix is looking for an experienced MySQL Database Administrator to join our Lviv office. The project is MoneyMatrix, the heart of one of our best selling products, a high-volume payment processing platform. The Database Developer will work as an integral part of the C#/.net/.net Core development team, guiding database design and architecture, leading performance optimization, and will also work with our data warehouse and reporting teams to ensure the accuracy and performance of real-time analytics and reporting.
- Creating ad-hoc SQL Reports and queries;
- Database tuning; query optimization, monitoring database performance, planning storage allocation and architecture for best performance;
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance problems;
- Assisting developers with developing optimal queries and optimal data designs;
- Conducting research and maintaining knowledge of database engine developments, and making recommendations on appropriate technology choices and upgrades;
- Setting-up and maintaining replication;
- Setting-up and maintaining a backup and disaster recovery strategy;
- Monitoring health and performance for several servers on a daily basis;
- Reporting query performance issues to the product teams (and suggesting optimizations);
- Troubleshooting and fixing performance issues (tuning configuration options);
- Working with several product teams to make sure their queries are designed for performance;
- Involved in the database design process, advises the developers on how to design new databases and how to optimize the structure of existing databases.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL database architecture and system design;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL database performance tuning principles;
- 4+ years of experience as a MySQL DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment;
- Data Modeling and Database Design experience;
- SQL guru – you can write, and optimize, a query for anything;
- Experience with Percona tools for database schema updates;
- Experience with C#/.net ORM frameworks and data access layers;
- Experience with JIRA (or similar);
- Experience working within an Agile (Scrum) cross-functional team;
- Experience with data sharding, horizontal partitioning, Galera or Percona cluster;
- Experience with MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master;
- Experience in administration of InnoDB;
- Problem-solving expertise and attention to detail;
- Experience in Linux environment with understanding of the operating system;
- Linux shell scripting;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in physical and logical database design;
- Support operations for both development and production databases;
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks;
- Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support.
- Better time management skills than Doctor Who’s;
- Obsessed with deadlines, milestones and deployments;
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with both developers and business stakeholders;
- A real passion for delivering the most reliable and performant database possible, and a real sense of ownership.
Nice to have:
- Oracle DBA experience;
- BI experience;
- PostgreSQL, MS SQL experience.