Our customer is one of the key players in the world of maps and navigation platform.
We as a part of customer’s program develop data-driven location service at global scale, which operates on billions of transactions, map tiles, search and geocode requests.
The goal of the project is to provide comfortable guidance services for the car driver during the trip. For this purpose, the software collects and analyzes information from other sub-systems like Map data, Routing, Traffic load, etc.
Using these data system provides the following major features and services:
- Precise matching of the current car position on the road;
- Voice guidance and detail dynamic navigation on the route;
- Predictive Street Data which aim to predict possible paths the vehicle may travel along;
- The project is cross-platform one with car’s head-unit as a target platform;
- Various programming languages and technologies, such as C++, Oracle, Java, Python, Hadoop, cloud computing are used.
- C++ 11;
- CI (Jenkins), Gerrit/Git;
- Embedded systems;
- Debugging tools gdb, Valgrind etc.
- Participate in technical discussions to find a right architecture/design solution;
- Develop new features;
- Provide design, implementation and complete testing of new features in supported programming languages (C++);
- Write a highly optimized C/C++ code;
- Design interfaces and implementation to support reusability, testability and modularity;
- Integrate our solution with other parts of the Navigation platform;
- Ensure the features are integrated on the target platforms in a way that meets the expectations of the customer.
- 3+ years of software development experience;
- Excellent analytical, algorithmic and optimization skills;
- Good knowledge of OOAD, architecture and design patterns, API design principles;
- Proven proficiency in cross-platform C++ (preferably C++11), boost;
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and engineering practices;
- Passionate about programming; strong focus on performance aspects;
- Readiness to learn new technologies and business domains;
- Self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented and a very strong team player;
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Nice to have:
- Experience of working with embedded systems and hardware;
- Experience of working with Docker, CI, Jenkins.