The product we are developing is data management solution for Map Operation Platform which enables Online and Offline navigation on a big variety of platforms including Window, Linux, Android, iOS and in-car embedded systems. This is the Core component of the Navigation system which is responsible for downloading and upgrading of maps in the proprietary format, and providing fast and efficient access to them.
It consists of the client (data access library) and the server (data storage engine) which is specifically developed to store maps and other geographical data.
This is really interesting and complex project and your responsibility will be:
- develop new features for new clients;
- participate on technical discussions to find a right architecture/design solution;
- write a highly optimized C/C++ code which will work on different platforms;
- support current users.
- C++ 11;
- CI(Jenkins), Gerrit/Git;
- Debugging tools gdb, valgrind etc.
- 5+ years of software development experience;
- Hands-on experience with developing C++ code for Android;
- Product-centric and user-centric approach to understanding the problems and scientific approach to solving them;
- Proven proficiency in C+, OO design in C+ and STL;
- Algorithmic expertise;
- Good knowledge of data structures, and API design principles;
- Passionate about programming; strong focus on performance aspects;
- Experienced in overall software engineering process, i.e. analysis, implementation, test, and documentation;
- Readiness to learn new technologies and business domains;
- Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a very strong team player;
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Nice to have:
- Participation in Open Source projects and communities;
- Experience of working with embedded systems and hardware;
- Experience of working with Docker, CI, Jenkins.