Our Customer is a global provider of the real-time mapping & location services to top world carmakers and enterprises. From navigation systems and autonomous driving, to the Internet of Things, we are building the future of location technology.
The Program's major scope of work is compilation and provision of navigation maps with fresh, enriched, and enhanced content for top world car manufacturers.
We are currently looking for a Release Engineer to keep deliver our products in accordance with high standard of quality. You will be responsible for top quality deliverables of our solutions to Automotive Customers.
- Release maps as per requirements and schedules following the established process and practices;
- Manage and control map inputs like map assets, data, configuration, etc., following schedules;
- Create map accompanying documentation like Release Notes, statistics, etc;
- Create and maintain release plans based on provided inputs;
- Improve, manage and control the map production activities and release process;
- Collaborate with and support project and product managers, and software development teams to meet release goals and guarantee meeting agreed release delivery schedule;
- Monitor and report risks and release KPIs;
- Contribute to Continuous Integration system for release related activities;
- Manage, automate and optimize build systems in conjunction with DevOps Engineers for better efficiency.
- 2+ year experience in software engineering industry;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- Broad view of software development methodologies and best practices;
- Understanding of product development life cycle and quality assurance at its levels;
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Experience in software testing or understanding of basic concepts of software testing;
- Experience in working with version control systems (Gerrit, GIT, Bitbucket and others);
- Knowledge of Atlassian stack (JIRA/Confluence);
- Attentiveness to details;
- Ability to work efficiently keeping to the strict schedule and quality requirements.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or an equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of tools for continuous integration (Jenkins);
- Experience in Software Release Management, Configuration Management;
- Experience in Quality Assurance;
- Experience in automotive services;
- Experience in Automotive Software industry and especially for Automotive industry software development life cycle standards (A-SPICE).