The NDS is a registered society of car manufacturers, system suppliers and map suppliers. The objective of the initiative is to standardize a physical storage format for car navigation systems.
One of the drawbacks of today's navigation systems is that each system needs its own physical format for navigational data. A direct exchange of map data between different navigation systems is not possible. A standardized binary format, which also provides new features, offers many new opportunities.
The key objective is compatibility and interoperability allowing the exchange of navigational data between systems that comply with Navigation Data Standard. NDS supports standard navigation building blocks like e.g. map display, routing, POIs and location selection as well as advanced navigation content. Plus, NDS provides a common database format and harmonized update concepts for different systems. This ensures flexibility regarding content update, including incremental and partial updates. Moreover, database content can be enriched without changing basic structures.
As product owner, you will be working within a team of highly skilled product owners, developers and architects. Your role is, to actively
- be a bridge builder between what customers and partners want and what the NDS development team will deliver;
- help defining and developing our product roadmap together with our stakeholders and product owner team;
- create, prioritize and adjust the product backlog according to priority, urgency, strategic product value and customer needs;
- create and maintain product definition and feature description documents used internally and externally;
- manage requirements as part of the entire NDS product portfolio;
- resolve priority conflicts and cross-team dependencies;
- help our engineering team to define and implement the product requirements and product release criteria in quality and in time;
- assess feasibility and drive product integration of proposals/features;
- improve our day to day work and act pro-actively – move the needle as an energetic and motivated professional;
- coordinate deliverables and dependencies with multiple stakeholders including internal teams and external partners.
Your stakeholders come from various business units and you will communicate with all areas of the company as an evangelist for our product offering. Success will demand the ability to learn quickly, adapt and apply knowledge in practice while continuously improving our products and services and growing your skill set.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, in software project management or development;
- University degree within industry related field of study or equivalent working experience: Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, IT disciplines;
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple programs with aggressive schedules;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility to work in multi-cultural and multi-functional environments;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Successful track record managing technically complex IT projects/products on time and to budget;
- Analytical approach and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of and passion for scrum and agile software development methodologies;
- Sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem solving;
- Knowledge of requirements management and experience in project tracking tools (e.g. JIRA);
- Technical background (software development, automated testing);
- Love for automotive technology.
Knowledge in following areas would be a plus:
- Map data specification and attribution;
- Map data compilation for use cases required for complete navigation and mobility solutions;
- Experience with Quality Management Frameworks (ISO, A-SPICE);
- German Language.