We are one of the leading company providing expert solutions to the healthcare, compliance, legal and tax markets globally. We provide information, software, and services that deliver vital insights, intelligent tools, and the guidance of subject-matter experts.
Migration of enterprise software onto modern architectural approaches (microservices) as well as, in some cases, into cloud infrastructure. This is a very large company and there will be a number of projects running, potentially in parallel and they would be expected to provide oversight across a few of them and ensure adherence to company wide best practices, as well as keeping them technically aligned, etc.
We have a project with the monolith architecture to be migrated over into microservice based architecture in Azure. Some monolith parts are already in microservices and these need to be migrated across into Azure environment. We are doing a partial re-build in Azure in order for it to be PaaS compatible. Also, we are moving from a waterfall approach to DevOps approach -> candidate needs to be strong in DevOps approaches and Azure DevOps. You will need to ensure that the app is SOC II compliant, as well as other tech/security standards compliance. Plan how the application is going to be audited to ensure continued compliance.
Our Teams and people are in Mexico, NYC and India.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- It is a leadership role what requires hand on at: documentation, understanding business requirements, document technical requirements, developing technical standards;
- Ability to approach DevOps and PaaS Design to meet the functional requirements of the different dev teams being the main focus of the role;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- SOC II compliant knowledge;
- Azure SQL and Elastic pools knowledge;
- Using Azure App service environment experience;
- Candidate will lead technical team of 3 DevOps engineers;
- Knowledge, experience and work on ARM templates, Powershell scripts or Yaml files for pipelines, as well as troubleshooting with the development team;
- Work with 4-5 dev teams what are developing apps that would be developed in ops environment, to ensure their technical requirements are understood.
- More than 10 years IT Experience;
- More than 5 years’ experience within an Architecture Role;
- At least 2 years’ leadership experience;
- Recent experience within Architecture, Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions;
- More than 5 years’ experience with defining, building and maintaining a specific Domain of Architecture, e.g. Network, Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Storage, Automation etc;
- More than 3 years’ experience working with Cloud Computing;
- A working experience of Information Security and the control points needed within a specific domain’s architecture;
- A working experience in an enterprise wide Architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc;
- Developing complex business cases.