Based in London, our customer is a global leading law research, ranking and directories business, ranking 'elite' (top 5%) law firms and lawyers in over 200 jurisdictions across the world. The company is the 'Michelin star' of the legal world, and law firms invest considerable time trying to be ranked. The customer has 350 staff based in London, of which 250 are researchers, who are experts in given jurisdictions and practices areas. The company is around 30 years old, in 2018 it was purchased by a private equity house with a view to modernizing and growing the business substantially. And that foresees digital transformation of all the corporate processes and flows, which will be our main goal for both in short and in long term perspective.
Customer's strategy is to transform from being a print-based publishing business, with advertising as prime revenue, to an online subscription business with data insight, ranking directories and differentiated content at its core. This means moving from a largely anonymous audience to one that is known, and thus building strategic customer platforms and products of the future.
As a Front-end Software Engineer, you will be responsible for taking over current solutions overall design and technical implementation, planning reengineering/refactoring, developing architecture and providing technical documentation. The successful candidate should have a highly developed set of analytical, communication skills and consulting capability, an ability to present and communicate complex technical solutions both to the client and team members. He or she should be able to identify technical risks, propose solutions and effectively communicate them to all stakeholders.
- At least 3+ years’ experience as a Front-End developer;
- Deep experience with Angular Framework (8/9) and Typescript;
- Solid experience with REST APIs;
- Good experience with HTML5, CSS3 and Pre-processors preferably SASS;
- Experience with Git;
- Experience with building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms;
- Strong analytical and core programming skills, knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms;
- Deep understanding of common architectural concepts, patterns and approaches;
- Passion for agile frameworks (Scrum, Scrumban, Extreme Programming) and engineering practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development);
- Desire to work in a fast pace, fast-growing and highly innovative and international environment
- Obsession with quality;
- Great communication skills, ability to express complex things in an easy to pick up manner;
- Upper-intermediate level of English (written and spoken).
Technology Stack and Methodology includes:
- Web (Angular 8/9, TypeScript, REST);
- Azure (Web services, Functions);
- No-SQL databases (CosmosDB);
- HTML5, CSS3.
- Design and develop front-end apps;
- Drive the development of new features and services;
- Optimize the application performance;
- Provide code review, etc
- Provide technical documentation, UML diagrams, etc.;
- Communication with business and technical stakeholders regarding requirements;
- Maintain team development processes, implementing engineering practices.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services;
- Experience working with .Net based backend systems.