Our customer is one of the key players in the world of maps and navigation platform.
We as a part of customer’s program develop data driven location service at global scale, which operates on billions of transactions, map tiles, search and geocode requests.
The goal of the project is to provide comfortable guidance services for the car driver during the trip. For this purpose software collects and analyzes information from other sub-systems like: Map data, Routing, Traffic load, etc.
Using these data system provides the following major features and services:
• Precise matching of the current car position on the road
• Voice guidance and detail dynamic navigation on the route
• Predictive Street Data which aim to predict possible paths the vehicle may travel along
The project is cross-platform one with car’s head-unit as a target platform.
Various programming languages and technologies, such as C++, Oracle, Java, Python, Hadoop, cloud computing are used.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, physics or other engineering degree;
- More than 5 years of relevant work experience in software engineering & methodologies;
- Proven experience in Scala or Java, RESTFul services & APIs;
- Experience in AKKA, AKKA Cluster, Play framework for REST API;
- Experience in AWS services (DynamoDB);
- Familiarity with functional developing with cats and scalaz libraries;
- Experienced with CI & Build tools i.e. docker, Gerrit, Jenkins, etc.;
- Experienced in all software engineering processes i.e. analyze, implement, test & document;
- Very good communication skills in English both written and spoken;
- Familiarity with location-based applications and paradigms is highly advantageous.
- Drive knowledge transfer process to quickly learn app architecture;
- Participate in technical discussions to find a right architecture/design solution;
- Participate in daily meetings to by in sync with other team members;
- Share knowledge and help to rump up other team members;
- Develop new features and fix defects according to set priorities;
- Provide design, implementation and complete testing of new features;
- Maintain feature coverage by unit and integration tests;
- Write a highly optimized сode, maintain app performance;
- Design interfaces and implementation to support reusability, testability and modularity;
- Integrate the solution with other parts of Navigation platform.