We are looking for passionate and talented Robotics engineers to work closely with the software teams at LG for Automotive, Robotics and connected services.
As part of the Advanced Platform Technology Group in LG ARLL which focuses on platform technologies for future cars, robots, drones, consumer devices and services, the right candidate will join an experienced, multidisciplinary team to design and develop AI-enabled products and solutions that help automate, personalize and transform lifestyles through LG’s global footprint of devices and users.
Robotics research and development engineers in ARL’s Automotive Platform Technology group will work on challenging problems in autonomous driving, robotics, machine learning, perception, planning and control systems and simulation, using emerging disruptive technologies. Engineers will also design and build autonomous systems, invent machine-learning algorithms, create prototype implementations, and deliver products with cutting-edge technologies while seeking opportunities to contribute to open-source projects and developer communities.
- Work on building autonomous driving & simulation systems that are targeted towards disruptive products, based on embedded system architecture, machine learning, computer vision, robotics, sensor fusion, motion planning, robot simulator, etc;
- Take leadership of the development of digital twin map generation pipeline and related technologies including computer vision, mapping, localization, navigation, etc. The leadership should help build rich robotics and autonomous system experience for the organization, which can then be leveraged for the development of real-world projects;
- Design and implement autonomous systems and simulation platform to address disruptive domains, with a focus on autonomous cars, home robots, smart devices, etc;
- End to end hands-on ownership of autonomous systems and simulation platform deployable across various projects in LG – embedded system design, sensor integration, log analysis, connectivity, etc;
- Work with other groups within LG (around Vehicle components, AI and Robotics) while maintaining clear differentiation and value in our specific offerings, and leading the path of value driven autonomous system and simulation platform solutions that are innovative and deployable to real customers;
- Some amount of familiarity with system bring-up, application development, and new hardware architecture is essential as we will be working across a range of new hardware (SOCs, GPUs) as part of early prototyping.
- Bachelor's degree 5 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 2 years; or a Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience; or equivalent experience in computer science or related areas;
- Robotics development (Perception, Planning, Control, Sensors, ROS/ROS2/Any AD/Robotics stack, etc..), HD maps, C/C++/Python coding, Simulations.
- Strong background in robotics, self-driving cars, motion planning, sensor fusion, embedded system, machine learning, system architecture, connectivity and real-time system;
- Worked on or delivered products in Embedded system, Autonomous Systems, Real-time communication, and Robotics;
- Strong Experience in embedded Linux, HW system architecture design, SW architecture design and connectivity;
- Hands-on coding with C/C++, Python, ROS/ROS2, REST API, RTP/RTCP, WebRTC, XMPP, Linux, and Agile SW development process;
- A sense of ambition and passion to change the world using the autonomous system, robotics and AI.