About the client:
Customer is a group of companies in West Europe (France, Denmark, Austria, Germany etc.) providing services to plan and optimize movements of people and goods.
Customer technology supports modeling and simulating traffic networks, scenarios and solutions. Software helps traffic and city planners in over 120 countries to organize optimal traffic flow, increase road safety and ensure minimal impact on the environment. Around the world customer is helping more than 2.500 cities make smart decisions about their future. Powerful simulation tools also allow manufacturers and fleet operators to test new technologies and trends in a virtual environment.
This project related activities mostly have a deal with vehicle restrictions and other useful data for individual and commercial transportation in various countries.
GIS engineer should be able to:
- Search and investigate geographically distributed data about different road attributes in targeted regions;
- Update client database with findings and in pre-defined data structure;
- Automate data ingestion process via developing Python based scripts (Pandas/Jupiter);
- Maintenance data base and develop QA practices.
- Geo data knowledge and spatial modeling;
- Experience GIS Software user, Proven experience with QGIS;
- Well understanding of PostgreSQL/POST GIS, fluent in extract/load/transform data from the DB;
- Good understanding of spatial data processing via script languages (python, java script, etc. );
- Relational data model;
- Study graduation - geoinformatics’, geography, surveying;
- English level – B1.
Good to have:
- Basic knowledge of JAVA. Understanding the cohesion of architecture of JAVA Software, for instance, thyme-leaf, bootstrap. Understanding of software architect and ability to customized it by python scripts.