Our customer is one of the key players in the world of maps and navigation platform.
We as a part of customer’s program develop data driven location service at global scale, which operates on billions of transactions, map tiles, search and geocode requests.
The goal of the project is to provide comfortable guidance services for the car driver during the trip. For this purpose software collects and analyzes information from other sub-systems like: Map data, Routing, Traffic load, etc.
Using these data system provides the following major features and services:
- Precise matching of the current car position on the road;
- Voice guidance and detail dynamic navigation on the route;
- Predictive Street Data which aim to predict possible paths the vehicle may travel along.
The project is cross-platform one with car’s head-unit as a target platform.
Various programming languages and technologies, such as C++, Oracle, Java, Python, Hadoop, cloud computing are used.
- Linux, Docker containers;
- Python, Bash;
- CI (Jenkins), Gerrit/Git;
- Follow release process including related best practices;
- Define and create build and release pipelines;
- Creation, improvement and maintenance of CI jobs;
- Maintain build and development infrastructures and environments.
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer;
- Good understanding of DevOps and System engineering processes;
- Good knowledge of Python and Bash scripting;
- Experience of working with Docker;
- Experience with CI and CD tools: Jenkins;
- Good knowledge of *nix systems;
- Focus on quality, willing to drive improvement of the automated testing pipeline;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and engineering practices.