Our Client is a government-owned company operating under the Ministry of Health and working as a key enabler of E-Health innovation in Saudi Arabia. Their objectives are to contribute to transforming the Saudi health ecosystem and elevating the services of the Health Sector by launching sustainable products and activating partnerships between the public and private sectors.
Description:We are looking for a Lead Python software engineer to manage teams of Senior engineers to build efficient server-side applications.
His responsibilities include participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle and coaching junior developers.
Your ultimate goal is to create high-quality products that meet customer needs.
- Manages software architecture & design;
- Enforces following of project guidelines by the development team;
- Manages API specs;
- Perform services versioning, releases, integrity inside his project;
- Working on identifying the technical risk and planning mitigation action;
- Ensures team's code meets quality criteria;
- Provides mentorship on technical aspects to engineers;
- Coordinates on technical aspects with Architect;
- Architect backend, high-concurrency, multi-threaded, server-systems;
- Optimize existing stack and software;
- Manage/ provide technical mentorship to junior and senior engineers in the team;
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Develop and maintaining technical documentation;
- Code review.
- At least 5+ years commercial experience in Python development;
- Knowledge at least one other language like Go, Node.js, Ruby, PHP or Perl;
- Experience in Team-Based Development (Scrum, Agile) and related tools;
- Strong PEP8 following and understanding why it is meaningful;
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of frameworks: Django, Flask;
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Understanding of the differences in API development for different platforms such as mobile vs desktop;
- Experience in designing database schemas and models;
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis;
- Experience with message brokers: RabbtiMQ, Kafka;
- Strong unit test and debugging skills;
- Strong version control experience with Gitlab, Github, Continuous Integration and the full product development lifecycle;
- Proficient in Linux shell scripting & CLI;
- Experience with Docker and Docker CLI;
- Good knowledge of network protocols (http/https, WebSocket);
As a plus:
- Highload backend systems development;
- Microservice development experience;
- Asyncio/aio knowledge;
- Kubernetes knowledge.