Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
Why we rock?
- Data-centric development. We build mission-critical reusable components that run complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing and distribution services and APIs;
- Visualized location intelligence. The maps rendering service we are working on is one of the key Platform's client-facing features which helps businesses to make sense of location data by empowering 2D and 3D rendering capabilities of modern web browsers;
- The way of working. Fresh setup, minimum to none legacy processes and technologies, a good chance to start over with a clean slate;
- Best practices. Platform possesses strong background in continuous delivery approaches, automated testing, and employs the best DevOps practices to ensure the Platforms reliability at scale;
- Self-fulfillment. Stand at the roots of the Platform that will redefine how society thinks about location data and boost your professional value by mastering edge data management techniques.
As a team member you will:
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to design, implement, test and continually improve scalable web applications and services running on AWS;
- Lead a team of full-stack engineers and be the main communication point for technical people on the client's side;
- Take accountability for design, implementation, and quality of software products as well as time and complexity estimation of technical tasks;
- Develop products using agile methods and tools;
- Develop commercial grade software that is user friendly and suitable for a global audience;
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers;
- Participate in architecture and design efforts;
- Work closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
- 5+ years of software development experience building commercial quality, scalable web services using Open Source technology stacks;
- Design and developing REST APIs;
- Fluency in Kotlin;
- asynchronous Web framework Ktor;
- dependency injection framework Koin;
- JDBS stands for database connectivity;
- Gradle build tool;
- PostgresSQL database;
- Experience with Linux shell, Gradle, git (or equivalent), Jenkins and continuous integration/continuous deployment;
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex distributed issues in a production environment;
- Experience with using AWS, Kubernetes and Docker;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills.
- Luigi ETL framework;
- Angular framework.