We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting-edge technologies crucial for building and maintaining a live HD map for the autonomous world. Our customers include some of the top OEM’s as well as many other autonomous startups. We are also working on leveraging our lengthy history in location services to enter into new markets.
The ideal candidate is a strong, creative and highly-motivated Software Engineer with hands-on experience in leading multiple research and engineering initiatives. You can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, tools, and methodologies. You strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by sound quality and scalable reasoning. Come join our team, have fun, and make history.
We have big plans for our team, and we are looking for those who can drive the team to new heights!
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale systems/algorithm by using Java/Scala languages;
- Experience with working on a Unix/Linux platform;
- Expertise in cloud-based infrastructure (Docker, AWS CloudFormation, AWS ECS and ECR, AWS Lambda, SageMaker);
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD);
- Experience in design and architecture, including familiarity with object-oriented design patterns. Engineering excellence such as good design abstractions, API stability, unit testing, leading best practices for other engineers to follow, and solid documentation;
- Experience with Microservice architecture;
- Experience with REST API;
- Ability to leverage agile methodologies to gather requirements from stakeholders and execute in a service-oriented architecture;
- Basic knowledge of Python (read the code);
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills in English.
Nice to Have:
- Expertise working with distributed big-data tools and event-driven architectures, ideally +Flink, Spark and Kafka;
- Experience with Scala is very welcome, willing to learn it - the must for this project;
- Experience working directly with data science and ML teams;
- Familiarity/experience with SRE concepts/practices.