About the Client:
Customer is a leading software and services provider to communications and media companies. Founded in 1982 in Israel, the company now is headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri.
Customer specializes in software and services development for communications, media and financial services providers and digital enterprises. The company develops a billing software system, customer-relationship management system and operations support system mostly for telecom industry. Among company’s top clients — Sprint-Nextel, Vodafone, Verizon, SBC and others.
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. We are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create a new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
You will do:
We are looking for a strong, highly talented Software Technical Leader with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications and frameworks. You will be part of an elite group of technical leads and architects hands on and will be leading and mentoring software development scrum teams that works on next generation Cloud Native applications, micro service architecture, to develop a unique platform and SDK using on the greatest and latest industry standards using containers, K8S, OpenShift, AWS, Kafka, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Spring Boot, Java, Go, CI/CD technologies and many more. You will be responsible to lead a small team and develop this framework while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- 5+ years’ experience as DevOps Engineer;
- Very strong AWS knowledge and experience;
- Very strong experience with Kubernetes, Docker;
- Prefered AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect;
- Experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject – must;
- Proved Experience in leading small teams from establishment to execution;
- Excellent knowledge with architecture, design & coding standards, CI/CD methodologies working in Java, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud;
- Knowledge in Go is an advantage;
- Experience in building large CI/CD processes (experience with Git & Jenkins);
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform;
- Enthusiasm to experience new technologies;
- Self-learning capabilities;
- Good communication skills;
- You understand persistence and streaming and how to implement scalable application, resilient, always-on in production grade scale;
- You are experienced with at least one git implementation. If you have experience as a contributor to an open source community you will have a big advantage;
- You are experienced with Cloud Native applications. You understand Micro Services architecture. you understand K8S, Docker, and a containerized application life cycle;
- You know how to perfectly design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance;
- You are experienced with Scrum and have the ability to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle;
- You are able to work collaboratively with Product owner, Architects, design, testing and other teams;
- You are able to work extensively in a challenging environment with tight timelines;
- You are self-confident that you can lead development of complex items and provide new ideas for the product, mentor, and create state of the ART engineering practices, Open Source like;
- Excellent communication skills with excellent verbal and written English;
- You are familiar with working using VDI in client's domain.
- Azure knowledge and experience;
- Software development experience (GO preferred);
- Experience in micro services architecture.