We are offering a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources, and experienced leadership within the Storage-as-a-Service (STaaS) marketplace through Cloud/Hybrid/On Premise solutions.
Serving as an integral member of the team, this role will work with customers to solve technical questions or issues. Our ideal candidate will be an adept problem solver who enjoys being part of our customer’s success.
We are seeking a IT Operations and Support Engineer who is excited to make an impact, can take ownership and execute quickly. Our Engineers share a passion for working with state-of-the-art technology.
- Mix of Support, Operations and Development tasks for on-premise and cloud deployments;
- Problem solver, capable to identify and resolve issues, being able to see the big picture;
- Eager and willing to learn new technologies and skills;
- Perform operational tasks including, but not limited to SW/HW installations, upgrades, and more;
- Configuration of servers, networking equipment and cloud resources;
- Creation and integration of tools for internal and/or external consumption;
- Take ownership of support operations for customers (level 1 – level 3);
- Track issues through to resolution;
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers;
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time;
- Escalate issues to the next level, as needed;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers;
- Participate in training customers, as required;
- Document processes and update knowledge base;
- Work closely with senior members of the DevOps and Engineering teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in administration, configuration and tuning of Linux systems (Ubuntu/Debian and/or CentOS/RHEL);
- Solid scripting experience (Bash, Python, etc.);
- At least CCNA-level experience in Networking Administration;
- Solid understanding and experience in network design;
- L2 and L3 network equipment configuration (switches, firewalls, etc.);
- Identifying and troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues;
- Experience with iptables in Linux and network-level ACLs;
- Excellent communication skills including prior client-facing experience;
- Excellent team player.
- Experience with virtualization systems and technologies (VMware, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Knowledge of storage technologies and protocols (RAID, NFS, SMB, iSCSI, FC);
- Hands-on experience in Openstack (managing and troubleshooting);
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP);
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet);
- Full-stack or backend developers are welcome.