Based in Munich, Germany, our customer is a leading innovator for digital financial services and helps to create better banking for a digital world. The company has designed an innovative digital platform, that uses open APIs and quickly became a breakthrough for next-generation banking. They provide existing financial, retail, and telecom institutions – as well as startup banks – the chance to bring digital technology to the heart of their businesses.
The Python developer will be responsible for taking over current solutions overall design and technical implementation, planning reengineering/refactoring, developing architecture and providing technical documentation. The successful candidate should have a highly developed set of analytical, communication skills and consulting capability, an ability to present and communicate complex technical solutions both to the client and team members. He or she should be able to identify technical risks, propose solutions and effectively communicate them to all stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer with Python;
- Strong analytical and core programming skills, knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms;
- Good understanding of common architectural concepts, patterns and approaches;
- University degree in computer science or similar;
- Passion for agile development methodologies (Scrum, Scrumban, Extreme Programming) and engineering practices (continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development);
- Ability to collaborate across teams and departments, have good sense on when to escalate and seek additional help;
- Desire to work in a fast pace, fast growing and highly innovative and international environment;
- Obsession with quality;
- Deep experience with version control system like Git, Mercurial or SVN;
- Intermediate level of English language (written and spoken).
Nice to have:
- Expertise in continuous integration tools i.e. Jenkins (preferred), Hudson, Bamboo, Thought Works Go, etc.;
- Experience using virtualization environments;
- Demonstrated interest in banking or financial software.
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic;
- Implementation of security and data protection etc.