Intellias is a custom software engineering company with primary focus on automotive, location-based services, telecom, and financial technology industries. Employing over 1600 specialists, the company is based in Ukraine with multiple offices abroad. We keep a flat, flexible, and transparent structure, being the top-rated employer in Ukraine (as per DOU.ua) and one of the fastest growing IT businesses in the region (as per Inc 5'000 Europe).
Intellias moves towards becoming a trusted provider of a full cycle IT offerings, starting from problem framing, to solution alternatives elaboration, to designing and validating the best option. A dedicated organization, Technology Office, is the key owner and facilitator of enabling such offerings. Products and Services Group, a strategic segment in Technology Office, consists of high-end professionals with a consultant skillset, aiming to provide solution-oriented services to a wide range of potential, new and existing customers. We are looking for the skilled leader who can evolve the business analysis practice and services within this group.
Lead business analysis unit: support framing business problems and possible solutions in new engagements, define and provide high-value BA services (internal and external), build competence and develop BA community, manage team of senior experts and relevant processes.
- Build the team and processes to drive business analysis in discovery phases and consulting for new engagements. Support business development and pre-sales functions at Intellias across entire solution life cycle;
- Grow cross-company business analysis competence and community with relevant internal standards (including career path), best practices catalogue, recommended tools and templates;
- Develop external and internal business analysis services portfolio, and promote these services inside and outside the company;
- When needed, analyze capability gaps within client organization or pain points for target market. Suggest improvement methods and appropriate solution options. Identify and define business needs and goals;
- Ensure managing client expectations related to predicted solution value. Collaborate proactively with all stakeholders to reach a common understanding of the solution to address the needs. Lead solution scope definition to ensure that final result covers client business needs and Intellias capabilities;
- Evaluate business analysis processes and continuously improve them. Establish requirements lifecycle processes;
- Mentor other analysts, organize knowledge sharing and training programs, contribute to Intellias’ corporate knowledge base;
- Manage team of BA experts, conduct general monitoring activities to ensure timely and efficient results. Ensure high performance with workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, and retention. Coordinate remote distributed team;
- Maintain own long-term roadmap and contribute to achieving the company strategic objectives;
- Care about continuous improvement of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Reports to: VP Products and Services.
- Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering (desirable);
- Business education (desirable).
- Clear understanding of principles and specifics of software development life cycle;
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis activities and techniques;
- Awareness of IT industry and digitalization trends for 3-5 previous years (desirable);
- Knowledge of business process optimization and modeling approaches;
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (at least JIRA & Confluence);
- Knowledge of prototyping tools;
- Industry domain knowledge (desirable, in automotive, location, finance, telecom);
- Systems domain knowledge (desirable, e.g. ERP, CRM, IoT);
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (BABOK and others);
- Knowledge of product management best practices (desirable).
Skills & Abilities:
- Very strong English verbal and written communication skills;
- Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills;
- Strong analytical skills for critical assessment of information from numerous sources;
- Setting clear priorities and time-management. Ability to handle multi-tasking;
- High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing stakeholders, conditions, circumstances and feedback. Quick learning;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Self-confidence. Ability to accept criticism for continuous improvement.
- One of the following (desirable): IIBA CCBA or CBAP, OMG UML, OMG BPMN, PMI-PBA, IIBA AAC, IIBA CPOA.
- IT industry experience: 4 years or more, including collaboration with clients abroad;
- Experience in business analysis: 6 years or more, including defining solutions from idea to production, and managing teams;
- Experience in Agile methodologies: 2 years or more;
- Proven experience in communication to large audiences and senior management;
- Proven experience in working with a variety of cultures, countries and time zones;
- Experience in training development and conduction (desirable).