Our Client is a software development company located in Germany with more than 17 years in business. Through the use of latest technologies as well as agile and classic methods of software development and project management, they deliver innovative software solutions to their customers on time, in budget, at highest quality.
As a team member, integrated in an interdisciplinary, technically broad-based team, you will work on the project situated inside the logistics industry. More precisely, the product we are working on addresses problems and use cases fleet managers encounter every day. This desktop web portal streamlines communications with the drivers, optimizes administrative tasks and provides many more features to raise the efficiency in the daily business.
The project originated in a user-centered design process and is currently implemented in an agile environment. Under the hood is a Microsoft Azure backend, which also runs the portal.
From a technology point of view, we are working with Angular 6/7 and Typescript, use RxJS for Observables/Reactive programming in combination with Redux on ngrx for app state persistence. Additionally, we use d3 for graphing as well as SCSS as a preprocessor for CSS. On the testing side, we rely on karma with jasmine for unit tests, phantomjs as a testrunner.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering;
- Backend experience developing with Node.js;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and engineering practices,
- Intermediate or higher level of English.
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and the ability to see the impact of their work in a larger context.
Would be an advantage:
- Experience with Leaflet, D3 and SignalR frameworks would be a big plus;
- Knowledge of DevOps environments, i.e. Azure, AWS, etc.;
- Experience in handling CSS processors (such as Sass, PostCSS) as well as in at least one common server platform and familiarity with all major desktop / mobile browsers and their peculiarities;
- Experience in working with automated build processes (e.g. Webpack);
- A strong interest in the field of user experience, interaction design, and responsive design.