Do you believe that building successful solutions comes from a clever mix of technologies, new or older, common sense and great collaboration? Working on building a beautiful application gives you the adrenaline rush? Do you believe in building a solution that will impact millions? Do you know the difference between little ‘a’ agile and capital A agile? Is V8 not about cylinders and Webpack not a lunch box? If you answer yes to all questions then we want to meet you!
We're looking for a smart, well-rounded Full-Stack / Front-End Developer aiming to deliver pixel perfect designs. You love good practices and Front End is your tribe.
- Accountable for keeping a high level of collaboration;
- Accountable for the quality of the code and following agreed best practices;
- As a software developer, you have an agile mind-set, and will develop a deep technical understanding and business perspective on the product you are working on;
- Supports full digital service catalogue activities;
- Undertakes detailed design and component level design;
- Participate in the agile culture of the Lab;
- Review code, pull requests and give constructive feedbacks;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders;
- Setup of all needed environments in coordination with the infrastructure team;
- May help to organize digital events (Data hacks, Software Hackathons, etc.);
- May interview potential hires;
- Risks assessment and mitigation;
- Have fun! Learn new skills, experiment and share with the team.
“You are not your code but you are very proud of making it” mindset.
- Computer Science degree (BS or MS) or equivalent experience;
- 4+ years proven experience and 2 years in a similar position;
- Proven Experience of building universal/isomorphic web apps with ReactJS;
- Fluent with ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS;
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5/CSS (Less);
- Comfortable with Webpack and Babel;
- TDD with Mocha/Chai;
- Knowledge of RxJS/Observable.
Will be a plus:
- Working with Data Visualisation and Mapping/geospacial;
- Good with data, and data binding using redux and Web APIs;
- Working knowledge of GraphQL.
- Excellent technical, communication and presentation skills;
- You can explain complex topics with simple words and adapt to any type of audience;
- Able to work and refactor code developed by others;
- Strong technical capability in coding, developing and testing for the platforms covered;
- Experience with agile and DevOps approaches;
- Good team working including interactions with business users;
- Self-organizing, achieves tasks without constant monitoring;
- English (Professional working proficiency).
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Passionate & high-energy;
- Intellectual honesty;
- Not afraid to fail;
- Comfortable without big team/resource support;
- Can’t be easily “blocked”;
- Values good design.