Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.
Do you believe that building successful solutions comes from a clever mix of technologies, new or older, common sense and great collaboration? Working on building a beautiful application gives you the adrenaline rush? Do you believe in building a solution that will impact millions? Do you know the difference between little ‘a’ agile and capital A agile? Is V8 not about cylinders and Webpack not a lunch box? If you answer yes to all questions then we want to meet you!
We're looking for a smart, well-rounded Full-Stack / Back-End Developer aiming to deliver the code of the Matrix. You love good practices and a fervent agile practitioner.
- You are not your code but you are very proud of making it” mindset;
- University degree (MSc or BSc);
- 4+ years proven experience and 2 years in a similar position;
- Good understanding of data structures and ETL;
- Proven Experience with NodeJS and Express;
- Experience building RESTful APIs;
- Working experience with Docker and AWS ecosystem;
- Working experience with NoSQL Databases Working experience with Elasticsearch.
Will be a Plus:
- Exposure & understanding of JSON-LD;
- Knowledge of RDF (optional);
- CI/CD Automation;
- Terraform Automation Scripting.
- Accountable for keeping a high level of collaboration;
- Accountable for the quality of the code and following agreed best practices;
- As a software developer, you have an agile mind-set, and will develop a deep technical understanding and business perspective on the product you are working on;
- Supports full digital service catalogue activities;
- Organize pair programming sessions;
- Participate in the agile culture of the Lab;
- Review code, pull requests and give constructive feedback;
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders;
- Setup of all needed environments in coordination with the infrastructure team;
- May help to organize digital events (Data hacks, Software Hackathons, etc.);
- May interview potential hires;
- Risks assessment and mitigation;
- Have fun! Learn new skills, experiment and share with the team.
Personal + Professional Attributes:
- Passionate & high-energy;
- Intellectual honesty;
- Not afraid to fail
- Comfortable without big team/resource support;
- Can’t be easily “blocked”;
- Values good design.