Our Client is a 100% Kubernetes-native company. All the workloads run on Kubernetes and, thus, we follow trunk-based development. We are looking for a Strong Middle DevOps Engineer with a special interest in solving infrastructure problems. You are passionate about the new era of cloud-native solutions. You have a good understanding of system architectures and components: compute, storage, networking, databases etc. You like solving Ops problems by writing code/scripts and embrace the concept of infrastructure as code. You will help us scale out our infrastructure and operations in a decentralised environment that promotes the speed of our organization.
We are a team that not only supports developers on their software development cycle but, is focused on building useful tooling across the whole organisation, defining clear boundaries on the usage and expectations. Our approach to solve problems is: contract first, tooling second.
- Design, build, Own and operate Client's cloud and kubernetes-native infrastructure and make sure it scales out further from the current 300+ microservices;
- Maximize developer velocity by providing them with self-service tools to build and run their services;
- Monitor and proactively maintain the platform services : Kubernetes, CI/CD, internal tooling for logging, alerting, monitoring etc.;
- Strive to minimize risk of issues or outages and take periodic on-call shifts for the infrastructure we maintain.;
- Support our developers with all your knowledge and be a communicator to the whole tech organisation of the changes that we introduce and how we adopt best practices with continuous automation.
Here is our up-to-date infrastructure stack:
- Kubernetes Engine as the core, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for physical infrastructure;
- Integrations with Kubernetes API: template rendering, authorisation, validation, event watchers, etc.;
- Docker, Terraform;
- Fully automated CI/CD on the scale of 500 microservices;
- Logs stack on ELK;
- Monitoring with Graphite stack;
- NoSQL Document database with Couchbase;
- TCP/HTTP Load Balancing and Proxying;
- NodeJS, Python, Go, Bash.
- Commercial experience in DevOps role in a Linux/Unix environment;
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes;
- Experience in any dynamic language (Python, Node or Go);
- Experience with Cloud providers e.g Google Cloud Platform (GCP);
- Experience managing platforms that require high availability; you are comfortable digging in, from Operating System to Networking Stacks to resolve incidents;
- Have used Terraform and/or similar IaC/Automation tools;
- You have a mindset of Observability and have used monitoring systems like Prometheus and monitoring dashboards with Grafana or something similar;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience with Service Mesh;
- Experience with ELK;
- Experience with Couchbase;
- Familiarity with Graphite.
- Bachelor’s Degree.